Monday 4 May 2009

Steve goes to Guys Lakes. A new start



Hi again. I have just got a permit for Guys Lakes Syndicate so on Thursday I made my way to the site for a exploratory three day session. Eventually I found the entrance and drove down the road with some excitement.





On arrival at the first car park I was surprised to see a few cars there and even more pleased to see the nature of the lakes. In the end I made my way to Gaunts and was very pleased to see plenty of parking around the sites lakes. There are ample toilet facilities and best of all, well manicured banks and walkways, which is a blessing when getting to the not too distant swims. After a look round I settled on a swim at the far end of the island. After a little chat with Tim and Andrew who were already fishing, I made my way to the car and started take my gear to the swim (with a big help from Andrew who brought some of my gear for me, life saver that he is !!).

Anyway, to keep it short I was fishing and taking notice of things.

I had a good chat to the guys already mentioned, gathering info, as you do. Tim was finding it hard to get his bait and attached PVA bag to spot near island in the brisk wind, so I told him to use bait only, and to get it on the spot. Low and behold a bit later we were photographing a 27.05 linear! Well done that man! He had one more little simmo and dropped another in the next two days, his first from the lakes. His mate Andrew had a 22lb carp and a 10lb+ tench. I must say they were two very pleasant guys and we will be keeping each other informed of the lakes catches etc. Myself, I did not catch this session but i am confident that I will and I am glad to say what a really pleasant time I had. I can't wait to get back in a weeks time for a really serious assault on these lakes. Many thanks to Tim and Andrew for making me welcome and giving me plenty of info. Much appreciated guys !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment