Friday 11 September 2009

Brought down to earth

I Went to Newlands and set up in the first 2 swims on Roadbank. I was hoping to set up in the same swim where I caught the 19lb but there was somebody already there. I didn't get there until nearly midday as one or two things happened and delayed me. Never mind, I'll try the other faithful swim on the road bank.

I'd already emailed Vic that morning so he was already there and wondering where I was.

We both set up our rods and then had a chinwag about everything and nothing. Well, it was something to do while we were waiting to catch our fish!

Ha Ha Ha! Good joke or what?

Vic was on his trusty method mix and a safety lead clip setup whilst I was on two inline leads, one with a bottom bait and one balanced bait. I was fishing towards the middle and Vic was fishing closer in. Between us we should have covered all avenues into the lower bay, but we must have missed something because we didn't get anything to indicate a bite. We tried all methods from changing baits, popups, pva bags to recasting to different parts of the swim. Nothing. Vic packed up at around 8pm when Barbara turned up and I soldiered on through the night. I slept well and got up at 7.45 for breakfast and a cup of tea - fishless yet again. Ah well, maybe I was over confident after my last 2 captures. Brought down toearth with a bump!

The weather was sunny windy for most of the day that Vic was there, only easing off towards 5pm. nothing like the forecast though.

I packed up at 2pm after having a couple of knocks - turned out to be coots, the damn things!

Anyway, summary - back to normal.

Zilch.

Nothing.

See ya around,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment