Monday 19 October 2009

More consistent


Hi Steve reporting on a recent session at Guys Lakes.

Arrived at the lakes on Wednesday morning and had a good look around and found most of the swims I fancied taken.

Oh well, I'll go to plan B then, a swim that had produced for me before, at the south end of Unity lake.

I was settled in the swim a day later when Bob came round asking me to photo a common he had caught. I reeled in and obliged ,as you d. It was a nice 22 lb common from the swim I most fancied, I must add.

Back in my swim I was messing about early afternoon ,when I had an absolute screamer on the chod rig cast toward the centre of the lake. Rod up, strike to the left, I felt the fish on - then nothing.

Gutted.

I reeled in and upon inspection of the bait, found it had a few marks on it. The hook was still sharp though, so back it went to the same area, 80yds or so.

Thursday morning and I had to make short trip to the loo, 0ne of many on site. when I returned I found the tip of my left rod in the water. I immediately felt the line and it was solid, fish on! I pulled into it and sure enough felt some resistance. After a decent fight the fish was in net, not huge but very welcome at 16 lb 15oz.
The rest of the 4 day session passed quietly with no sighns of fish at all. The weather was variable and got cold at night so that might have slowed the fish down. Still, 2 runs, 1 fish isn't too bad on a slow week, according to the bailiff anyway !!

No comments:

Post a Comment