Saturday 8 May 2010

1st of the year - 4/5 April

I eventually managed to get out on the bank for the first time this year at the beginning of April (4-5th). I was a bit nervous as it has been over 6 months since I last went fishing. Having a blank was not on the cards!!

Anyway, I set up in my usual spot (middle Point swim). The weather was ok, sometimes cloudy but otherwise it was dry and sunny.

I wasn't using particles, only boilies. I cast out and put a few freebies around each rod. Not too many, about 40-50. I had a few knocks/liners/bird interest through the day, just enough to0 keep me interested.


A quiet evening ensued and I enjoyed a glass of wine and watched the lake. Suddenly my RH rod screamed into life and after a spirited fight a most welcome carp of 16lb graced my unhooking mat. Pressure was off now and I could relax. After taking the obligatory piccies I put Mr carp back into the lake and celebrated with a glass of red.

Next morning came around with no more carp. I had started to pack away my stuff when my LH rod gave a few stuttering bleeps and stayed taut. I lifted the rod and felt something on the end. This fish fought like a demon and it was about 8-10 mins before I could finally land the tench. Only 6 lbs but what a fighter.!

I continued to pack up through out the morning and finally left around 13.00.

I would have a few photos to show you but after a energetic clean up of my computer, I think I've deleted all the photos off of my computer<>. Imk going try out a few recovery programmes but I don't hold out too much hope.

We'll See anyway.

Until next time

P.S. Got my piccies back. Cost me £20 for a recovery programme but it did the job.

John

No comments:

Post a Comment