Saturday 18 July 2009

Hi its Steve again,

Just a short report on a 3 day session I had at Gaunts lake.

It was a sunny start with a South South East wind blowing into the car park area, so I chose a margin swim opposite the very popular Stones swim. As the wind was blowing into the tree margin I put two rods on that line. The other rod I put out around 45 yds to the left towards the middle in the weed. This was on a chod set up, to sit on any weed found. This rod produced a run on the second day( Monday) at about 1pm. It put up a good scrap and was well on the way to the waiting net when, unluckily for me, it picked up the back leaded margin rod. I could quite easily see the very lightly coloured mirror in the water, it looked like a mid double. I gave it a chance to get untangled but it also took the liberty of shedding the hook! It took the opportunity gladly!

Oh well, such is fishing!

I decided to move the offending margin rod to the same area as the rod that had produced the run, again on a chod rig. As the wind increased I thought that I might get a bit of action on one of these rods. Unfortunately, it wasn't so for the next day or so.

I left early Wednesday morning to get home to celebrate my wife's 20th birthday (or so she said). I didn't meet her till she was 30-ish and that was 20 years ago, so not sure about the maths !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment