Thursday 6 August 2009

Hi, its Steve again.

A quick report on a session at Yeoman's Guys syndicate.

I was at the lake in question on Monday 2nd August. After an extensive look at the other lakes, Yeoman's looked and felt right.

I set up in my chosen swim, which is pictured right.
The wind was blowing from my left across the lake with plenty of cloud, so the conditions were were OK.

I was all set up and I was just looking for something in my bivvy ( the new Trakker Crossfire, excellent bit of gear), when the guy in swim next to mine popped by. We had a chat, as you do, discussing whether we would spod some hemp out or not. We both decided it might be worth a try. He shot off to cook a late brekky and I got the spod rod out and put 8 -10 spods out to the tree line.

At 1pm , 2 hours after spodding out, I had a bleep or two on my right rod, 1 of two in the spodded area. I got to the rod and felt the line, which was solid , so I hit it. At first it seemed snagged, then I felt some movement so I kept the pressure on and sure enough, it started moving right and eventually kited into the reeds on my right. I was not losing this one, so after taking a deep breath and using steady pressure, I managed to moved the fish through the reeds into my waiting net.

What a relief!

Not a huge fish but very welcome after my last episode. At 14lb, as I said not huge fish, but a carp nonetheless and hard earned. I gave the swim another 24 hrs and then went home, quite pleased with myself . I'm sure bigger fish will come, now I know how to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment