Saturday 14 March 2009

Getting Sarted


Hi Its Steve.

I've been told by John to post my comments in the correct manner so that's what I'm doing right now!

I'm undertaking a pre-baiting campaign this season (hope its easier done than spelling it !!). I have been fishing away from the area for 3 years, so I have not been able to do any pre-baiting at my previous lake. I hope to get down to my new lake at least once a week and put bait in areas that I know fish do frequent. Not loads and not whilst anyone is in the area. I will be using a good quality bait so I would expect some sort of action in a shortish time, maybe as soon as a month, say. I would not put in a lot of bait whilst I'm fishing but this could change with a bit of action. I'm able to put a bit of time in, during the week mostly, so we shall see. I'm quite looking forward to putting some time in, fishing or not

Steve

P.S


As John has pointed out, our session at Orchid Lakes was quite a pleasant time. Although fish less (carp wise), a few lessons were learned i.e. DO NOT accept the offer of a second bottle of red wine after dinner. Even if you are forced to, DO NOT finish the bottle! This leads to a condition known to many as "Ooh, that was nice, lets have another one" syndrome!
Anyway, no bad effects next morning as we blanked quite comfortably!! Next time out I'll probably be fishing Newlands Specimen Lake at Heyford Fisheries (in April probably), after a bit of pre-baiting (I am on the Guys Lakes Syndicate waiting list but I'm not expecting a reply just yet). After travelling to Reading and Slough for the last few years, its quite nice to be at a local again. Anyway, the bait has been ordered from Mike Wilmot. I can't wait to get going.

John and I will keep you informed !!

Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment