Monday 9 July 2012

Thorney part 6

Last  week of my holidays so a few days on Thorney were booked. As usual it was raining when I set off to my venue Monday 2nd July middle of summer  ha ha .As I arrived at Uxbridge the roads were dry bit of a result a dry set up for once .I went past recent swims I had fished and parked in the quite empty car park  I then wandered up the lake looking for something different .As you get to the syndicate lake gate a usually very popular swim is just to the left a small island in front and some snags and overhanging trees  down the margin to my left  i thought why not as it is usually occupied a chance maybe.
                          Choice made all set up 2 rods down the left margin one to the island .I was testing a bait boat so out it went to the island fine then i put one rod into the gap by the snags not too far in  , the 2nd rod was to be put in the gap a bit to the right of the other rod as the wind was blowing a bit I had to be careful not careful enough as it happens the boat drifted into a branch and got stuch oh blimey I thought anyway about an hour later boat still stuck  so that was two test completed  battery life fine boat very bouyant just wanted it back. I got down the bank saw the boat and got on a few broken tree  trunks near enough with the help of a broken branch to drag it back to within reach Jesus is nothing simple !Then it rained and I do mean rain in the bivvy I sat for the rest of the day .
                        Day 2 still raining but not so hard moved the rods like you do but no fish showing still had 2 in the snag area but no line bites oh well I was certain something would make its way in there perhaps if the sun would come out and move them into the margin .
                Day 3 happy days sun out mid afternoon it got quite warm so I sat right by my rods I had an inkling action might come, and it did a bit quicker than I anticipated ,at 1640 the rod to the snags bent round to full test curve and the reel started spinning christ up and at em!! must have left the backwind off but all was well rod under compression fish stopped I could feel the line grating but still attached to a carp so I just bent into it and felt it ease out a few more minutes and it came out from under the tree into open water job done and it came into view a lovely looking  linear with white belly black top and  a row of golden scales about 15lbs or so .At this point I just switched off  fish wallowing above the net, in the net station ,it hit the net 3 times so i gave it some slack line and it fell off  ..,,,rd I thought how daft was that .no more action that day.
            Day 4 sun out time to pack away enjoyed the session not the weather not a complete blank and more learned about the lake so I was happy to go home !!

No comments:

Post a Comment