Thursday 28 June 2012

5 thorney weir

Hi Steve again reporting on my 5th session on Thorney Weir.I joined the syndicate in April and I found the people very friendly  there are two lakes The Mets which is the private part and Thorney the day ticket water both hold big fish but thorney has 3  40s  and several 30s many of them commons also it has more fish around 600 the Mets doesnt hold as many fish and the biggest is 37 ish it is a more challeging water and is not so busy it has lots of small bays and fish holding corners I will be targeting this lake very soon .
        Anyway Thorney it was to be this session .I arrived on monday 25th june  at around 11am the lake seemed quiet and the channel was empty of anglers a suprise as this is a busy area usually.Anyway as I drove on I noticed the corner of the lake ,which is the start of the channel was empty and a brisk warm s westerly was blowing  into it . I decided this would be a good starting point.
         I put all 3 rods into the small bay to my front left and spodded a few kilos of hemp maize pellet and N Guage boilies out .As I was using maize i put 2 rods on rigs using N Guage  boilie   topped  with plastic maize. The rest of the day proved quiet I thought I saw a few fish in the corner I was fishing but couldnt be sure.I settled in for the night with a glass of red all was well with the world !
            I was woken at about 4 am with a little knock on my right end rod I thought it was wind pushing weed into my lines so I dipped all three rods into the water I still got the odd liner so I thought that fish were moving.Nothing happened till 7am when the same right rod tightened up and the tip bent round.I was very close to my rods so was up and pulled into a fish very quickly.The fish felt decent but was in silk weed so I wasnt sure after a slow battle the carp appeared in front of me and was netted easily.
        After sorting the camera out I weghed the fish at 24.06oz not the biggest but I was well happy fish was marked a bit ,like  spawning   marks ,so  I treated it with  some liquid and returned it to the water..
        All was quiet till a bit later when people started arriving a couple moved in to the two swims to my left the guy next to me asked where I was fishing as we both  looked into the same area. He was a nice enough fellow but I decided to go the next day as ime not used to being so close to other anglers  and I thought too much pressure would spoil the fishing a quiet night ensued so the next morning I packed up and left  lessons learned again three different swims fished and 6 carp caught nothing big but very wellcome ,
         Ime back again  Monday 2nd July probably on the Mets should be interesting I have a going bait and the rigs seem to be working bit of confidence cant wait !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment