Thursday 28 June 2012

Still Struggling

I've been to the lake twice now and blanked again. Still catching bream but no carp.

The last time I went brought home to me the rewards of being mobile. I was set up in the LH point swim. An angler turned up and proceeded to set up on the point as well.
No problem there.
He was asking me if I'd seen any carp moving when suddenly- Spaloosh- a carp leapt out of the water approx midway in the middle point swim. Mark cast out and settled in to wait. 30 mins went by and no other sign of carp activity.
We were chatting about fishing Newlands when I pointed out to Mark some bubbles rising across the other side of the lake. As we were watching, a carp leapt out of the water. 5 mins later it happened again. Mark said that was it. He packed up his gear and setup on the roadbank, near where the carp had broken water. 30 mins after setting up, he was into a carp. A lovely 19lb mirror was in the net. He also had a run but didnt connect with anything

No more carp were caught that day, but I had learned a lesson!!

I stayed the night and was rewarded with a fairly hefty bream at 0130hrs.  I managed to unhook it in the water and went back to bed!

Packed up later in the morning, no more fish

John

1 comment:

  1. Ime gonna drag John to thorney asap he needs some action I found Newlands difficult at times and anyway I enjoy his company !!!

    ReplyDelete