Saturday 2 June 2012

Hi steve here again just been to Thorney Weir to fish a two day session on the day ticket lake.All started well ,or sort of ,swim chosen a few yards up the bank about 300 actually.No problem got the power porter so loaded up off I set well actually 20yds and the load tipped over ah well it might be powered but it has got to balance so 50 yds up the lake I dropped the rod holdall and kit bag off and then no problem got to swim not actually knackered great went back for other stuff and one of  the lads had picked it up and bought it to me.I had to give him a beer like you do.
          Session start this was a new swim and I had a bit of water in front of me as it had been opened out.Plumbing rod out and a couple of clear areas found at 75 yds or so .I spodded a few kilos of hemp sweetcorn and vitalin out at the marker right in front I was going to fish two rods one either side one on a cell pink halo pop up and one on the Meteor (cc moore)hookbait topped with a small piece of plastic corn A well known bait here so why buck the trend.My other rod was to be a rover with a yellow cell  pop up fished to the left a bit further out.
       Morning came and I was woken by my right hand alarm fish on bit of a struggle as it had picked up my left hand rod anyway came in after a bit of a struggle weighed and a nice 18  lb  old warrior sorted camera struggled so just took a pic on the mat great first on the syndicate any way cup of tea and bacon sarnie to celebrate ! 9 am middle rod trundled off and the same sort of fight as it had caught my other line. bloody hell isnt anything easy.any way in the net lines untangled and one of the bailifs did the honours with the camera and weighing as I was the other side of the cradle holding everything up 21.04 minus 2.12 for sling so 17.08 lbs a lovely old common looks bigger though ah well so what.
             The rest of the day was spent fish spotting,spodding and pulting some boilies out easy as the wind was behind me.All was to change as the wind did a u turn came into me and the clouds looked grey ah well should be ok famous last carp anglers wish !! About 2 am wind blowing rain coming into bivvy action required Oh goody ! up I get door wouldnt shut so re arranged everything door down peace.5 am a slow take on right rod ( meteor) got out hit it nothing reeled in no hook what !! it had broken on shank pike possible but that was it for rest of the session .Lots of stuff learned and a few friends made cant be bad back again in a week cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment