Friday 15 June 2012

Thorney Weir part 4

Hello again got a few days off work so off to thorney for a 2 or 3 day session.It had poured with rain for days so I did not expect a pleasant journey on the motorway to Uxbridge ,in fact it was a nightmare spray everywhere people cutting across lanes at turnoffs etc.
          Arrived at the lakes about 1130am first swim ,down the channel, looked to be coming free a quick chat to the fellow packing away revealed he had 4 fish in just a 24hr session that would do for me . I placed a bucket in the swim told him not to rush on my account and drove up the lane to have a look around like you do. The swim I had chosen looked and felt right so after the previous fellow had gone I set up, really handy as the car can be parked a few feet opposite ,a blessing as rain was due again.
                 I started by putting both left hand rods to the out of bounds rope one on the right one to the centre my other rod was again to be a rover to the right of the swim .I put some baits out cc moore odyssey xxx and  meteor a multirig pop up and a flurocarbon blowback using nash trigga as a hair ,a braid that stetches when wet , thought that would fool a carp or two .All was quiet till 7 pm when my middle  rod ripped off  it had been raining so I was sat in the bivvy having a glass of red anyway i was on it in several minutes and playing a lively carp no problem up it popped and safely netted well happy !! photo done 18.04 mirror rod back out now i can relax.

                  After a night of torrential rain and no carp I was woken at 3.30am by another run from the same rod this was a smilar fight as the last but didnt seem so big as it was proved when I netted it very pleased all the same took a quick pic in the carp cradle and returned it great,
more bait  bait out and rod back in place back to bed . Not for long as i was again woken by the same rod going off another good scrap and then I netted ,or so i thought ,a nice common which decided to get out of the net anyway back in it went and hoisted up and into the cradle at 14.13oz a nice fish.As the sun was shining I decided to call it a day.Everything packed away dry and a nice drive home cant be bad.



No comments:

Post a Comment